Thursday 27 September 2012

Shy bairns get nee kets!

Firstly, can I say a big THANK you to all the lovely people who have already donated their hard earned cash to this cause, we can't believe that we have nearly raised $700 already in sponsorship. My Nana has the 'give a little' page on her favourites and is checking it more than I do :)

To all my family, friends, Twitter friends, Facebook mates and anybody who has ever emailed me can I just say this SORRY. I am sorry for emailing you all, blogging, tweeting, Facebooking and going on and on and on about our fundraising. Hence, the title of my blog today, what on earth is that rubbish you are probably thinking? Well, it is a well used Geordie turn of phrase which means, "shy children get no sweets" in other words, if you don't ask you don't get. And as much as it pains me to ask for your hard earned cash, if we don't ask then, you well and truly don't get do you?

I've had the most touching emails from people sharing their stories about Alzheimer's and how it affected their families. And one lovely lady who has worked with Alzheimer's Canterbury for 2 years said my blog explained in a nutshell how most families feel. That really did make me cry. What I do know now though is at least a few people (who have read my blog) will understand the hideous disease a little bit more and might understand the huge impact it has not only the person with disease but on all the family and friends involved. And it's just about the money is it?

In running news, I did do a small run today, just 5km in the wet and drizzle. I listened to some marvellous new tunes from Mumford and Sons new album (how old do I sound??) Babel, nothing like banjo playing to make you run really, really fast!! Well, OK not that fast. Saving the legs tomorrow for a 16km race on Sunday at Sir Barry Curtis Park, MrH is doing 32km!! Don't forget the clocks do something weird on Saturday... forward isn't it?? You best check, I am useless..

Have a lovely Friday everyone. x


http://www.givealittle.co.nz/member/ClaireHuxley

2 comments:

  1. Nice little update! Not a nice day for running, or even being outside as its wet and windy and I'd be worried about slipping over...'cos I'm always worried about slipping these days...wonder why?! Well done on fighting back from poorliness to do the run this weekend...impressive! Grandad would be proud for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a tad went half way through my laps of the estate! Didn't mind too much. Yes,as you know being an accident prone being I am nervous running in the wet! Yes, bring on 16km on Sunday a quiet night on Saturday me thinks!! xxx

    ReplyDelete